Friday, August 1, 2008

Thursday

(Okay, so this time, I fixed the time within Blogspot, so it really will be right this time around... Except that I couldn't ge the page to upload, so it's a day late. Bother.)

Oh - the sun came out this morning! We'd been hit with another tropical storm (aka a "weather bomb") on Tuesday. Tuesday night was simply unbelievable. There is a skylight in each room of our apartment and I truly believed that it was going to either blow off or come crashing in. The wind blew so hard and the rain poured. I like thunderstorms and very little wakes me once I fall asleep, but this was so unusual.

So this morning, when there was sunshine, we decided it was time to walk around Mt. Manuganui. The "mount", as folks refer to it, is at the norther tip of Maunganui and is a definite landmark. It isn't extremely large (I've got no stats here on size), but it is an inactive volcano that juts out into the ocean. The circumfrence of the Mount in about 3K, and it is a pretty, easygoing walk. There are also paths up to the summit, but we are saving that for later!

No comments: